Try your hand at documenting our city in the style of Eugène Atget and Berenice Abbott! Send us your amateur, black and white photographs of changing Cincinnati, and your work could be on display in the Linder Family Café this winter!
Louise Taft Semple President/CEO Deborah Emont Scott of the Taft Museum of Art will select the top ten entries to display in the Café. The public will vote on the winner through Facebook “reactions” (Like, Love, Wow, etc., but not Shares) in a photo album on the Taft Facebook page. The winning entry will receive a docent-led tour of Paris to New York, an exhibition catalogue, and a $50 Taft gift card.
Contest will open Friday, October 5. Click here to enter.
Deadline to submit entries is Friday, October 26.
– Must be an original photograph taken by an amateur photographer
– Must be black and white
– Online submission format: high resolution JPEG or small TIFF file
– Dimensions of photo must not exceed 20” x 20” to accommodate limited display space
– Selected photographs must be ready to be hung
– Artist must provide own name, title of work, and city of residence
– Must be able to transport photo to the Taft Museum of Art on Saturday, November 10, between 3–4 p.m.
– Must be able to pick up photo from the Taft on Saturday, February 2, between 3–4 p.m.
– Limit one entry per person
– Originality (as compared to precedents) (25%)
– Technique and execution (25%)
– Quality (excellence as measured against other works of its type) (25%)
– Effect, or expression of content (25%)
Friday, October 5: Online submissions open
Friday, October 26: Online submissions close
Week of October 29: Deborah Emont Scott selects top 10, and the top 10 will be notified
Saturday, November 10: Top 10 drop off photographs at the Taft between 3–4 p.m.
Wednesday, November 21: Top 10 on view in the Café, and online voting opens on Taft Facebook page
Friday, December 7, 9 a.m.: Online voting closes
Monday, December 10: Winner announced
Sunday, January 27: Last day to view photographs in the Café
Saturday, February 2: Top 10 pick up photographs from the Taft between 3–4 p.m.
Please contact Nicole A. Hershey with any questions at email@example.com or (513) 352-5142.