Volunteer opportunities are available. Along with having passion for the Taft Museum of Art and its collections, the only prerequisite is that you must be a member.
Become a Volunteer Ambassador!
Are you interested in our current volunteer opportunities and how you can become part of our team of ambassadors? We would love to have you become a volunteer ambassador! No prior volunteer experience is necessary—just enthusiasm and an avid interest in the activities and programs we offer.
Volunteer Ambassador opportunities include:
- Special Events (weekends and evenings)
- Guest and Member Services (weekdays and weekends)
- Office Assistance (weekdays)
- Research (weekdays, when positions are available)
- Internships (weekdays, when positions are available)
Volunteer Ambassadors agree to a commitment of serving at least 6 hours a month.
Volunteer Ambassadors will receive:
- Training to make volunteers an integral part of one of the Cincinnati area’s most distinguished museums
- Invitations to educational tours of new exhibitions and other public programs
- 15% discount in the Museum Store and 10% discount in the Café
- Recognition at the annual Volunteer Appreciation luncheon
- Free parking during the Ambassador’s shift, as available, in the Museum’s garage
- Networking opportunities to create new friendships and social contacts
- A meaningful volunteer experience
Join the Docent Class of 2018!
The Taft Museum of Art is recruiting docents (volunteer museum guides).
The Taft’s team of dedicated docents provides interactive experiences for visitor of all ages. From art-making to tour-giving, docents work with Museum staff to engage audiences both inside the galleries and outside the museum walls.
Docent trainees meet weekly from October through May 2019. Graduates of training make a commitment to serve as a docent for a minimum of three years. Docents continue their art history education and keep up with touring best practices by attending regularly scheduled enrichments, meet-up workshops, and walk-throughs for special exhibitions. Active docents commit to an average sixteen volunteer hours per month.
Taft Museum of Art docents participate in the following programs:
- Giving school and adult tours and leading art-making activities
- Assisting with Artist Reaching Classroom, a year-long high school program
- Helping with Memories in the Museum a program for people with memory loss and their caregivers
- Supporting weekend and evening event such as Third Sunday Funday, House Party, and more!
Interested in joining the team? Contact Lisa Morrisette at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 684-4520 for more information!