Do you enjoy paper piecing? Free motion quilting? Making story quilts? If so, consider entering the Taft’s small quilts competition. Your work could be on display in the Linder Family Café this winter!
Quilt artist Heather Jones, whose work will be on view in the Sinton Gallery, will pick the top ten entries, and the public will vote on the winner. The winning entry will receive a one-year Dual/Family Taft Membership, a private tour of Elegant Geometry, and a $50 Taft gift card.
Contest will open Wednesday, October 4. Click here to enter.
Deadline to submit entries is Wednesday, October 25.
– Online submission format: High resolution JPEG or small TIFF file in full color
– Dimensions of the small quilts must not exceed 24” x 24” to accommodate limited display space
– Must be original quilt
– Must be quilted through 3 layers
– Quilts must be show ready
– Artist must provide own name, title of work, and where the artist resides
– Artist must be able to transport quilt to Taft Museum of Art on Saturday, November 11 from 3-5 p.m.
– Limit one entry per person.
– Originality (as compared to precedents) (25%)
– Technique and execution (25%)
– Quality (excellence as measured against other works of its type) (25%)
– Effect, or expression of content (25%)
Wednesday, October 4: Online submissions open
Wednesday, October 25: Online submissions close
Week of October 23: Heather Jones picks top 10
Week of October 30: Top 10 notified
Saturday, November 11: Top 10 drop off quilts at the Taft
Wednesday, November 22: Quilts on view in the Café
Wednesday, November 22: Online voting opens
Friday, December 8: Online voting closes
Monday, December 11: Winner announced
Sunday, January 28: Last day to view quilts in the Café
Saturday, February 3: Top 10 pick up quilts from the Taft