Director of PR and Marketing
The Taft Museum of Art, Cincinnati’s Home for Art, is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Director of PR and Marketing to join our team of talented professionals. The Taft is home to a world-renowned collection, including works by Rembrandt, Turner, Whistler, and Hals. In recent years the Museum has transformed into a vibrant community destination with premium exhibitions, and quality education offerings.
An ideal candidate for this position is professional, personable, has a passion for the arts and Cincinnati, and thrives with diverse responsibilities in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. This individual has demonstrated experience and strength in the following areas:
- Integrated Marketing Strategy
- Media and public relations (TV, radio, print, electronic/social)
- Writing compelling media content
- Publications management (i.e. invitations, event post cards, members’ magazine, annual reports, signage, etc.)
- Market research, data collection, and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations in arts administration, or related field
- Proficiency with Windows Office suite, InDesign, WordPress, and PowerPoint
- Flexible schedule with frequent evening and weekend responsibilities
- Experience in the arts and in a museum setting are a plus
This position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement; collaborates with a consultant regarding strategy, media relations, and media buying as needed; and communicates and works collaboratively with staff across all departments to integrate Museum-wide marketing efforts. The Director of PR and Marketing supervises a full-time graphic designer, recruits and supervises one to three interns at all times, and works laterally with the Manager of Membership and Community Engagement and the Manager of Development, who report to the Director of Institutional Advancement.
Title and compensation are dependent upon the successful applicant’s experience and skill level. We are also considering applications for earlier-career applicants for the position of “Manager of PR and Marketing.” In the case that we hire this position, rather than appointing a “Director of Marketing,” we will rely more intensively on our PR and marketing consultant for support in strategic planning, media relations, and media buying. Thus, applicants with varying skill levels are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume, detailed cover letter, pertinent writing samples, and hyperlinks to media hits to: Natalie Mathis, Director of Institutional Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.